Search Engine Optimization
Learn how to use powerful Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics to bring thousands of new visitors to your site every day.
Stay ahead of the competition. Get weekly, actionable teardowns of the latest need-to-know online marketing tactics.
MOST POPULAR SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION POSTS
How To Do Keyword Research For SEO? Ranking Secrets 
SEO vs PPC – Which Is Better For You? 
SEO Price Malaysia – How Much Does SEO Cost? 
Is SEO Cost Effective? How To Measure SEO vs ROI? 
SEO Case Study – 10x Organic Traffic Growth for New Website Using SEO
Google My Business Malaysia (GMB) | A Local SEO Guide 
SEO Agency Vs In-House SEO? | Which One is Best 
Introduction of SEO | Search Engine Optimization 
What Is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization), in short, is how you optimize your website using certain strategies and techniques to get free, organic traffic from search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Learn Search Engine Optimization (SEO) from our experts
More businesses including start-ups are considering Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as part of their marketing funnel. It is becoming increasingly important in marketing due to millions of active websites on the Internet, especially on Google. Therefore it’s crucial that your website ranks well on search engine results pages (SERPs) – visible to users, brand awareness, and ultimately build trust with your target audience that converts to your business!
Gone are the days when SEO is all about keyword stuffing and low-quality backlinks. Learning the right SEO strategies will boost your business’s visibility in search results so you drive more qualified traffic to your website which turns into sales!
Keep learning through our SEO resources to find out more on how to rank better on major SERPs!
If you need help getting your SEO strategy implemented, Nexis Novus Technology has a team of SEO specialists that are ready to help. Contact us online or call us today at +6011 3325 9188 to speak with us about our search engine optimization services!
Learn More About Basic SEO: SEO RESOURCES
Fundamental of SEO:
What You Need To Know About SEO
SEO Content Marketing:
Learn About How To Create Epic Content!
Why Is SEO Important?
Every day, thousands of people are searching for things online. Want an answer to the best banana leaf places in Kuala Lumpur? Search it on Google. Want to know where’s the nearest gym located near you? Search them on Google.
This is why it’s important to ensure that your website can be seen on search engines. Nowadays, people are searching for answers by typing their questions on google. It’s a simple, quick, and effective way to get your questions answered.
In order to gain traffic, you have to appear on the first page of Google. Why? Because users rarely click on the second or third page of search results if they can instantly find their answer just by looking on the first page. 90% of the time, users will click the websites that appear on the first page because they are looking for fast answers.
1. Improved Online Visibility: When you rank higher in search results with targeted keywords, more people will able to see your website and become familiar with your brand (nudging), which hence improves your visibility and brand awareness.
2. Improved Trust & Credibility: The higher your website ranks on search engines like Google and Bing, the more credible you appear to visitors. This creates trust & credibility for users whenever they wanted to find relevant information on your website – Authority!
3. Increased Organic Traffic: The higher you rank on Google, the more traffic you will get. With SEO, you can also improve the quality of your traffic by targeting specific keywords that are relevant to your audience.
4. Increased qualified leads and sales: SEO allows you to target keywords that are relevant to your audience and leads so you can attract potential future customers to your website. You can also rank for keywords related to your products or services.
What Are Search Engines?
First, you have to understand what are search engines. You could think of search engines as an online library, where there are thousands of books (websites) you can get information, including solutions to your answers.
With thousands of new websites being created every single day, the competition to appear on the first few pages of search results are very high. You could either opt for the paid options (SEM), or the free version, which is SEO. That’s where the optimization part comes in.
How Do Search Engines Ranking & SEO Works?
Search engines like Google use bots called crawlers or spiders to find and index content. These crawlers or spiders travel around the whole Internet through links that are established and scan it. After that, the bots will be adding pages to search engines’ indexes once they had discovered them. Voila, when a page is part of a search engine’s index, it will appear in search results.
As for search engine rankings, search engines also assess those indexed content pages to determine what they’re about and how useful & helpful to users.
When a user searches for something, search engines use various algorithms to determine which pages will be the most useful to the searcher and ranks them accordingly.
In addition, there are tons of algorithm ranking factors – in general, more than 200 + factors.
Here where the role of SEO kicks in, is to optimize pages so that search engines:
1. Find and index your pages (a very important first step!)
2. Understand what your pages are about (make sure your content on the page is relevant & helpful)
3. Assess your contents and rank them based on the various ranking factors (Audit & Optimize Your Sites To Not Just Ranking Factor But Search Intents)
Search engines want to rank the most helpful content well, so essentially, SEOs want to make the content as valuable to searchers as possible.
The end goal of SEOs is not to optimize using shady ways or tricks search engines to rank your page higher in the short run, which could lead to penalties and lower your site ranking or prevent it to be shown on search results. Instead, a good SEOs is to make your content as useful & helpful as possible to align with search intents & search engine guidelines!